Medical and Surgical Management of Diseases of the Retina, Vitreous and Macula
Dr. Ben Ami is a board-certified Ophthalmologist specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of retina, macular, and vitreous disorders.
He was born in Israel and graduated from the Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School in Jerusalem. Prior to beginning his ophthalmology training, he devoted a year to studying advanced ophthalmic imaging at NYU Langone Medical Center, where he published multiple papers and presented his research at national meetings. He completed his ophthalmology residency at Brown University and then pursued a 2-year fellowship in vitreoretinal surgery at UT Southwestern in Dallas, Texas.
Dr. Ben Ami holds membership in the Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology, the American Society of Retinal Specialists, the American Academy of Ophthalmology, and the American Medical Association.
He welcomes new and existing patients at the OCLI Vision offices in Richmond Hill, Tribeca, and Brooklyn.
Education and Training
- Fellowship – University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX
- Residency – Brown University College of Medicine, Providence, RI
- Internship – Mount Sinai St-Luke’s and West Hospitals, New York, NY
- Medical School – Hebrew University Hadassah School of Medicine, Jerusalem, Israel
- American Society of Retina Specialists, 2020 – present
- American Academy of Ophthalmology, 2017 – present
- Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology, 2014 – present
Professional Awards and Honors
- Retina Research Foundation/ARVO Foundation for Eye Research Grant
- Israel AIDS Task Force Scholarship