Updated NY Vision Group COVID-19 Patient Protocols (updated June 2)
In these challenging times, we have implemented a number of protocols in accordance with CDC and local governmental guidelines to keep our patients and staff safe:
- No walk-in appointments are permitted. If you do not have an appointment and have an urgent condition, you should call 718.805.0700 or 212.243.2300 to see if we can schedule an appointment.
- All patients coming into our office must wear a face mask at all times within the office. If you do not have a mask, please ask our front desk for one.
- You will be provided hand sanitizer upon entry to the office; please use it before you touch any surfaces and enter or leave any rooms.
- The temperature of every patient must be taken once you enter our office. If a patient’s temperature is above 100.4 degrees F, you will need to reschedule your appointment and contact your primary care doctor. We may also utilize oximeter screening.
- To minimize the number of people in our waiting rooms, friends or relatives should not accompany you, unless they are necessary for your care, are symptom-free and follow these protocols.
- Prior to your workup, please let the technician know if you (or your medical necessary assistant): (i) are experiencing flu like symptoms, a cough, chest pain, a sore throat, shortness of breath, or loss of smell or taste; (ii) have been in close contact with anyone who has shown signs of COVID-19 or have been diagnosed with the disease; or (iii) have tested positive for COVID-19 and not yet been medically cleared. (If you, or your medically necessary assistant, experience any of the above symptoms or have had such exposure or positive test, you will need to reschedule and should contact your primary care doctor.)
- Patients must keep their belongings with them at all times, please do not leave them in the waiting area.
- Patients must exercise social distancing in the office, to the extent possible, and may not move waiting room chairs closer to others or crowd around the front desk.
- Patients must follow the directions of the Practice’s social distancing lead and any social distancing markers on floors.
- Patients must remember to always cover their mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing, and immediately dispose of the tissue in the trash.
- Patients should not shake hands with anyone during this time.
- All examination rooms have a slit-lamp barrier to protect both the patient and the doctor from cross contamination.
- The doctor will wait for the slit-lamp eye exam to be over before speaking to the patient or answering any questions you may have.
- All equipment and patient contact surfaces are sanitized after every use and at the end of the day and, on a daily basis, our staff is screened for COVID-19 symptoms and has their temperature checked. Nonetheless there is no way to eliminate all possible exposure to COVID-19 when you visit a doctor’s office, and your presence here is an acknowledgement of that risk, both for yourself and, if applicable, your medically necessary assistant.