Why is Healthy Vision Month Important?
- Did you know that over 37 million adults in America has diabetic retinopathy, glaucoma, age-related macular degeneration and cataracts? This can cause visual impairment or even lead to blindness,
- What most individuals don’t know is that, vision problems are preventable! How, you may ask?
- Sunglasses: Wearing sunglasses to protect your eyes from the Sun’s Ultraviolet rays (UV) Look for a pair that blocks out at least 99% UVA & UVB radiation!
- Eye Healthy Food: Eating carrots, fruits, vegetables, spinach, kale and dark leafy greens, are good for your eyes.
- Physical Activity: Keeping your heart beating faster can help keep your eyes healthy. It can reduce stress, keep you at a healthy weight & boost your mood!
- Protective Eye Wear: By wearing protective eye wear when playing sports or when needed, can prevent unnecessary eye related injuries!
At NY Vision Group, we have the most technologically advanced equipment needed to help you with your eye care needs. Our board certified doctors are ready to assist you with your vision.